Lusaka is the capital and largest city of Zambia, and it is served by Kenneth Kaunda International Airport (IATA: LUN, ICAO: FLKK). Here is a description of the airport:
1. Location: Kenneth Kaunda International Airport is located about 27 kilometers (17 miles) northeast of Lusaka's city center. It is the largest and busiest airport in Zambia, serving as the primary international gateway to the country.
2. Facilities: The airport has both international and domestic terminal buildings. The terminals offer a range of services and facilities to accommodate travelers, including check-in counters, immigration and customs facilities, baggage claim areas, duty-free shops, restaurants, currency exchange, car rental services, and lounges for both domestic and international travellers.
3. Runways: Kenneth Kaunda International Airport features two asphalt runways. The primary runway, Runway 10/28, is approximately 3,400 meters (11,155 feet) long and is suitable for a variety of aircraft, including wide-body jets.
4. Airlines and Destinations: The airport serves as a major hub for domestic and international flights in Zambia. Several airlines operate at Kenneth Kaunda International Airport, including both African and international carriers. It provides connections to various destinations within Zambia, as well as to numerous international cities in Africa, Europe, and beyond. Airlines such as Proflight Zambia, Ethiopian Airlines, South African Airways, and Kenya Airways have historically operated routes to and from this airport.
5. Services: Kenneth Kaunda International Airport offers a wide range of services to meet the needs of travellers. These services include customs and immigration facilities, banking and currency exchange services, duty-free and retail shops, dining options, car rental services, and business lounges for passengers seeking a more comfortable and private travel experience.
6. Accessibility: The airport is easily accessible from Lusaka's city center, and transportation options include taxis, private car services, and shuttle buses. The journey from the city center to the airport typically takes around 30 to 45 minutes, depending on traffic conditions.
Why Choose Europcar in Lusaka International Airport
Europcar rental locations in Lusaka International Airport
Lusaka International Airport details
- Mo06:00-20:00* Tu06:00-07:44*07:45-17:0017:01-20:00* We06:00-07:44*07:45-17:0017:01-20:00* Th06:00-07:44*07:45-17:0017:01-20:00*
- Fr06:00-07:44*07:45-17:0017:01-20:00* Sa06:00-07:44*07:45-17:0017:01-20:00* Su06:00-07:59*08:00-12:3012:31-20:00*